Saturday, March 2, 2013

Slap Tags that can be made with t-shirt printing

I recently learned the phrase, "Slap Tag", and liked the way it sounded. Although you can easily say the word "sticker" for an pressure sensitive adhesive backed image that can be put around in places for promotional purposes, it doesn't quite contain the process of promoting in it's name. Slap Tag implies the process of slapping a label on something and the sing-song sound of the words together made me repeat it for a few hours. The problem with slap tagging in public is that it is illegal unless you voluntarily give the sticker to someone and they put it on their car or personal property.

I have been playing around with t-shirt transfers and punk rock fonts and recently found that I can make a thick plastisol print and turn it into a removable sticker for car windows and some other surfaces. I am calling these slap tags, with the idea that if they were used in public, it may not be illegal since the sticker itself can be removed easily and would not cause any damage. More to come...

2 comments:

Majeda K. said...

WOW... Amazing T-Shirt here....!!!
I am so much confused when I see those picture....!!!
Here I find stylist t-shirt shop.
So, Dear, Please come to this shop, and Buy your best one...!!!
Stylist T-Shirt Shop

Zoe said...

Wonderful Blog…. Thanks for sharing with us…
diy canvas pillow covers
housewarming gift pillowcases
housewares pillowcases