Thursday, April 24, 2008

Wholesale Bamboo T-shirts by Onno

I ordered some organic??? well, bamboo t-shirts from a company called Onno. There was no white in stock, but I ordered a selection of colors and sizes for what they had. I'll test printing on them and see if the customers in the retail store in LA like them. Even at the wholesale prices they are very expensive, so my expectations are high and my wallet is flat.

Seaweed ink base update: In my quest to find or make a real drain-safe ink I have been testing a seaweed past I mixed. After approx 5 days the mixture has finally dried beyond use. This was in an unsealed jar, so that is quite a long pot-life for a non-plastisol mixture. Regular water-based inks won't last that long in a gel state without covering over and being unusable.

Discharge: The discharge ink t-shirts I printed and washed are impressive, but it required several extra days to complete an otherwise immediate task. This would add a minimum of $1/ea shirt for the washing process in my view, even at large quantities and that does not take into account the printing with water-based ink cost.

4 comments:

Granny Sue said...

Granny Sue again. I bought a bamboo tank years ago and it was very soft, as well as expensive. I wonder what chemicals are used in the growing, processing and dying of these bamboo garments.

Here's the website of a small family craft company who use only organic materials in their custom clothing. I thought it might give you some ideas on your noble quest.

http://www.askapparel.com/pages/why

Rock on.

Bill W said...

cool, thanks. I also purchased some soy/cottong knit material and 100% bamboo fleece material. It would be cool to have a bamboo hoody and print with seaweed ink. Then it would be like going on a tropical vacation while standing around in the snow.

duvatron said...

so what is the result of the ONNO tees and printing and customers? seem pretty happy?

www.supermorebetter.com

Anonymous said...

So what is your experience from onno? If you went cheapest Wholesale T Shirts on high-quality goods you provide your clients/buyers/customers and raving fans with quality apparel that’s worth telling people about.