Thursday, February 4, 2010

Don't get fooled again - The Greater Recession C'est Arrive!

I run a business, so I am always suprised when I get scammed. Sometimes I see it coming and other times I simply act too quickly and the devil is in the details. The one thing that always seems true is that the cards are stacked against the consumer and there are endless ways to get taken advantage of.

Just like the new wines in France, Le Grande Recession C'est Arrive, bad French but the reality is that the economist in charge have been figuring some really messed up match on the economy. The Great Recession has never gone away, it just got bigger. I am refering to the revised jobless numbers and the resetting of the stock market prices. The reality is that things can't just get better because the projections are going in the right direction and they have stopped going down, especially if the numbers aren't correct to begin with. This is cooking the books for the manipulation of public sentiment. Except for the fact that eventually job losses have to slow because there is nobody left that can be fired without turning off the lights and going home. A slowing of the decline is not an incline. An incline will happen once the year to year comparisions are coming in being compared to the desperate situations of the prior years in percentage terms. A growth in the economy would result from adding jobs and not reducing less or fudging the numbers. The Greater Recession is now what it should be called, because none of the media are willing to use the word Depression and they "want" it to be different than the 1920's.

As far as getting scammed goes it was with Star Ford in Glendale. They switched in and out the sales guys when I was buying a car and I signed a contract that did not represent what I thought was happening. Due to the fancy debits and credits the car that was suppposed to be paid off by Star Ford of Glendale was valued at $100 and they added the cost of paying off my car to the new loan. Does this scam have a name, besides "Screw Your Best Customers"? That was my 4th car from this dealer so I didn't expect to get scammed since I trusted them. I attribute part of my failure to recognize the scam to the switching of sales people and negotiating with a man in a back room who never showed his face. I call this the MSRP , Multiple Sales RipOff Pros. I've filed a complaint with a Consumer Advocacy Group and since these sales reps really don't seem to give a crap I will eventually have to sue them for stealing my trade in vehicle. Whatever you do, Don't Buy A Car From Star Ford in Glendale or any other Star Ford for that matter.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You traded your dodge van, that doesnt even run properly and that doesnt even pass smog....and we told you upfront, that it needed to be junked and we would help you with that and gave you $100 for it. But you owed $2000 on your loan.... Then you asked us if we could pay it off and get you into the Chevy Cobalt... and we did, as well as show you the different payments, with your trade and without your trade. In fact, you drove the car for almost 2 months without a problem. And you had to resign the paperwork because we couldnt get you approved...and you still did not have a problem.... but then suddenly, you want to bring the car back... and now you claim that we scammed you....Uh???? what???? How? It cant be any clearer on your paperwork and clear on everything we explained...

buyers remorse? You cant change your mind after 2 months.... doesnt work that way... sorry...

Billy T said...

Wow, I can't believe the dealer found and responded to this comment. They must take this personally since it won't be long until I have run the course on filing complaints and will be forced to park outside their business with signs. I do give them credit for responding to this post.

Buyers remorse? I don't think so. Contract remorse, yes! I only suggested bringing back the car because I was scammed in the contract and just like my own customers would bring back a faulty product, I didn't want to keep the product any longer in my possession once I realized I was being scammmed. As you can see in their post Alex states that, "In fact, you drove the car for almost 2 months without a problem." It's not the car, It's the contract. It was when the dealer had me sign a new contract that the value switch was realized and my biggest mistake was trusting the company that I had purchased several vehicles from before. My bad, but not my loss because Star Ford will be losing business from me and from as many people as I can advertise this scam to. My new website, launching soon, "DontBuyACarFromStar.com", will detail this abuse. My favorite part of Alex's response is that they told me my car was junk upfront, that I asked to be put into a different car... In fact I had just paid the registration for the vehicle and was on my way to get it smogged, they were so desperate to scam me that they drove with me back to my business to unload the vehicle because as one salesman put it, "once someone leaves the lot they don't return." I don't have buyers remorse and this is not about the vehicle, it is about trust and the contract that I was scammed into. I realize that I purchased a car, but it was supposed to be for 10k, not 12k. Don't buy a Car from Star Ford (in Glendale California).